The Australasian Enterprise Architecture Conference is the only specialist conference on enterprise architecture in the Asia Pacific region. It provides a regional forum for sharing experiences, best practices and the latest thinking about enterprise architecture. It is the most important event of the year for enterprise architecture professionals across Australia and New Zealand and attracts speakers and participants from around the world. It is an open, vendor independent conference, organised by EA practitioners for EA practitioners.
What is different about this conference:
- World class speakers: the programme includes some of the leading international experts in the enterprise architecture field.
- Published book: all participants will receive a published book, consisting of written papers (not Powerpoint slides) as permanent documentation of the conference.
- 3 conferences for the price of 1: there are 2 co-located conferences (on enterprise data management and enterprise data warehousing & business intelligence) that participants can attend for no extra charge.
- Professional certification: the opportunity to achieve professional certification as a Certified IT Architect (CITA).
- Industry awards: the conference incorporates the inaugural 2015 Australasian Enterprise Architecture Excellence Award, with the winner to be announced at the conference dinner.
- A variety of session formats rather than “Death by Powerpoint”: the programme includes keynote presentations, regular presentations, showcase sessions (best practice case studies), an EA “café”, panel discussions, lightning talks and half-day and full day workshops.
- Unique venue: Luna Park is one of Australia’s most iconic venues and one of only two amusement parks in the world that are protected by government legislation because of their importance to the national heritage.
- Social programme and networking opportunities: including use of Luna Park attractions, a cocktail reception and an “all the fun of the fair” conference dinner.
- High quality programme: the presentations on the programme were selected on merit by an expert committee composed of representatives from the Australian Computer Society (ACS), Association of Enterprise Architects (AEA), Australian International Association of IT Architects (IASA) and the Institute of IT Professionals New Zealand (IITP).
- Vendor independent: unlike commercial conferences, sponsors cannot buy speaking slots on the programme (i.e. no “infomercials”) and sales oriented presentations are specifically excluded.
- Speaking slots are open to all EA practitioners via an open call for presentations rather than “invitation only” as in most commercial conferences.
The conference is run in partnership with the leading professional associations and certification bodies in the enterprise architecture field: